Barbara Edlund Healy’s paintings reflect the quiet beauty of the New England coast. Oil paintings are inspired by the diverse colors of light, atmosphere and nature. She uses color to enliven peaceful landscapes, seascapes and gardens. Her paintings try to be more than a snapshot, giving a feel of the breeze on a summer sail or a memory of an evening walk. Brushstrokes over glimpses of color intentionally reveal some of the painting process. A Connecticut native, Barbara fell in love with the area while attending UMASS Dartmouth and stayed. Her degree in textile design has given her a background in color but she often paints plein air to learn from nature. Her studio in Dartmouth, MA is on the South Coast Artists Open Studio Tour.
Bristol County Savings Bank in New Bedford – March 2018, purchased and displaying 3 giclees for new bank
• Cuttyhunk Plein Air 2017 – Purchase Prize
• South Coast Artists Annual Theme 2017 “Catch the Wind” – 3rd place
• Cuttyhunk Plein Air 2016 – 3rd place
• Taunton Art Association Spring Show 2016 – “On the Edge” 1st place
• Bristol Art Museum, Best of New England Show 2016 -”Fishing Boat, Westport Point” – 2nd place
• Spring Bull Gallery Newport, Beach and Boating Show 2015 “First Run, Hadley’s” – Best in Show